While the majority of our attention goes into modern Dojo, today we’ve released Dojo Toolkit 1.16.0 which includes a few minor updates contributed over the past few months, as well as patch update releases 1.15.1, 1.14.4, 1.13.5, 1.12.6, and 1.11.8.
- Implement ES2018 Promise.prototype.finally in dojo/promise/Promise (1.16.0 only, thanks to Roy Tinker)
- docScroll correction (1.16.0 and backported all the way to 1.8.x, thanks Johannes Hölzl)
- Updates to handle when a call to obj.getBoundingClientRect() throws an error or returns an empty object (1.16.0, thanks to nmfriesen)
- request/registry: pass all arguments to matcher (1.16.0, thanks to Mangala Sadhu Sangeet Singh Khalsa)
- Apply the ViewSource plugin’s filter on the editor’s content (1.16.0 and backported all the way to 1.6.x, thanks to Ed Hager)
- Fix uglify use with newer node versions (1.16.0, and backported all the way to 1.10.x, thanks to Joerg Sonnenberger)
Please let us know if you have any issues with these releases. Enjoy!
8 thoughts on “Dojo 1.16 released”
I think it is amazing how people still care about dojo 1. It shows how great and major the toolkit was (and still is).
Well, that’s good since with 150kLOC 1.x-code we will not shift to 2.x any time soon. Even if I personally would like to it’s really hard to get a decent ROI on that shift.
One of our goals for 2020 is to hopefully find a way to make the transition from 1.x to modern Dojo much easier. Stay tuned!
Is dojo 1.10 still supported? We are trying to determine if we need to move from this release to a newer one. Thanks, Patrick
We still provide updates when we can, e.g updates that can get cleanly backported, but the move from 1.10 to anything newer in the 1.x family should be relatively painless as the changes are mostly additive or fixes to bugs.
Thank you Dylan for the prompt reply.
Hi – Are there any release notes for 1.16.4 – specifically what are the changes between 1.16.3 and 1.16.4?
I did not, but the changeset is pretty small. Here’s the list:
* dojo/dojo is mostly a CLDR update: https://github.com/dojo/dojo/commits/1.16
* dojo/dijit has a fix for key-constants: https://github.com/dojo/dijit/commits/1.16
* dojo/dojox has no updates
* dojo/util has a CLDR update and an improvement to its usage of Closure Compiler: https://github.com/dojo/util/commits/1.16
* dojo/dijit-themes has no updates
Comments are closed.