Over the last few weeks we made fixes in the Dojo 1.x codebase towards the Dojo 1.11 release, and further progress towards Dojo 2. Let us know if you would like to get involved!
Recently in Dojo 1.x
Recently we fixed the following issues in Dojo 1.x:
- Edge legacy browser detection (#18172)
- dom-style Edge compatibility (#18725)
- scrollIntoView() regressions on IE8 in quirks/RTL mode (#18726)
- IE10+ feature detection for pointer events (#18602)
- Correct reading of browser locale, not download locale (#18722)
- dom-geometry edge case where getIeDocumentElementOffset() is called but not defined. (#18717)
- dojo/hash and <base> (#11100)
- Add Edge to list of browsers to automatically test (#18427)
- Always append Editor’s <iframe> to document before setting src (#18715)
- Disable doh/robot for Chrome and Edge (#18723)
- _keyboardSearch now handles null from _getNextFocusableChild (#18721)
- Placement of Editor aria role (#18731)
- Edge compatibility for Editor (#18720)
- Remove spurious script include from mobile button test (#18689)
- Inheritance chain for mobile Switch (#18353)
- Improve BusyButton click event handler (#15938)
- Remove XSS vulnerability in Analytics PHP logger reference implementation (#18730)
- PasswordValidator _setRequiredAttr did not work (#18513)
- Edge PointerEvents support (#18735)
- Clean-up Dock destroy logic (#18741)
- Mobile bookmarkable widget stability (#18301)
- Clean-up Dock destroy logic (#18741)
Up next in Dojo 1.x
We are starting to put together a release plan for 1.11, and updated point releases for earlier versions of Dojo. We have about 50 more issues to resolve, and then we’ll be ready for the 1.11 release! The main things we are considering for 1.11 are as follows:
- Updates to new flat theme
- Update build profiles to include new themes repo
- Update theme tester to include new flat theme
- Update versions of Closure Compiler and Rhino
- Look through all critical open issues and pull requests
- Clean-up browser sniffs and replace with feature tests wherever possible
Recently in Dojo 2
We’re making further progress on Dojo 2 as well:
Inital Compose prototype is ready for your review and feedback!
Initial parser prototype is ready for your review and feedback!
Recently we have spent some of our time planning out a reference application for Dojo 2, as well as evaluating a variety of options and features which will help improve the overall approach to Dojo 2.
Upcoming Dojo 2 efforts
Here we’ve identified a few of our aspirations for near future. This week in Dojo 2, we have more code reviews to complete and pull requests to land. If you’re interested in helping out in these areas, or other parts of Dojo 2, just let us know, either in the comments or on IRC.
- Review and improve the Compose and parser prototypes
- Define approach to widgets for Dojo 2!
- Continue to review and land code for Core, Crypto, DOM, dstore, i18n, Loader, and Routing
Over the last couple of weeks, and this week, we’ve also been working on evaluating other projects out there to determine how they can benefit or inspire our efforts, or offer possible integration options. We’ve also been working on a reference application that we will be using to document and validate the APIs in Dojo 2. Work on these efforts will continue as we work to refine the vision and approach for Dojo 2.
Weekly IRC meeting
As usual, our weekly IRC meeting is on irc.freenode.net #dojo-meeting at 9am Pacific time on Tuesday.
View the Dojo weekly meeting logs
This week’s agenda
- 1.11 release plan (we’re aiming for November or December for the release)
- Discuss open 2.x challenges
The Dojo 2 loader, core, and dom are near an alpha state! Progress is being made on routing, crypto, i18, dstore, Compose and parser. Please let us know if you plan to work on any features, or would like to get involved, so we can collaborate.