Up next in Dojo 1.x
We are actively triaging and working through issues for the Dojo 1.11 release, and updated point releases for earlier versions of Dojo. We have about 30 more issues to resolve, and then we’ll be ready for the 1.11 release! The main things we are considering for 1.11 are as follows:
- Updates to new flat theme
- Update build profiles to include new themes repo
- Update theme tester to include new flat theme
- Update versions of Closure Compiler and Rhino
- Look through all critical open issues and pull requests
- Clean-up browser sniffs and replace with feature tests wherever possible
Recently in Dojo 2
We’re making further progress on Dojo 2 as well. Last week our focus was on Compose, core, and parser:
- Finished PR: Parser should account for multiple documents and throw error when ID already registered
Upcoming Dojo 2 efforts
Here we’ve identified a few of our aspirations for near future. Over the holiday weeks, we have more code reviews to complete and pull requests to land. If you’re interested in helping out in these areas, or other parts of Dojo 2, just let us know, either in the comments or on IRC.
- Review and improve the Compose and parser prototypes
- Define and refine the approach to widgets and application architecture for Dojo 2
- Continue to review and land code for Core, Crypto, DOM, dstore, i18n, Loader, and Routing
We are also actively working on the following:
- old core PRs
- Publish to NPM
- IE9 posting coverage
- Update streams implementation to match WHATWG spec
- has loader plugin
- CancelErrors on Chrome/Android
- Better use of generics
- Module plugin interface
Weekly IRC meeting
Meetings are canceled for the remainder of the year.
The Dojo 2 loader, core, and dom are near an alpha state! Progress is being made on routing, crypto, i18, dstore, Compose and parser. Please let us know if you plan to work on any features, or would like to get involved, so we can collaborate.
Happy holidays to you all, and thanks for your help in improving Dojo 1.x this year, and towards Dojo 2!