It’s been a very productive and busy year to date as work towards Dojo 2. This post contains a quick summary of the updates we’ve made!
Dojo 1.11 released!
In late March, we released Dojo 1.11, along with updates to 1.10, 1.9, 1.8, and 1.7. Visit the Dojo download site to grab a tarball, or use GitHub, bower, or npm to install the latest versions. Note that the Google CDN has been slow to respond, and has not yet updated to 1.11.1.
The upgrade from 1.10 to 1.11 should be very straightforward, as the release is primarily a bug fix release, along with the addition of the new flat theme and a small number of additions. See the complete list of bugs closed for this release or the commits within each repository (e.g. all Dojo 1.11 commits for more information on the release!
We received a tremendous amount of community support to make this release possible. Thank you for your help!
Note that a 1.11.2 release is planned for May.
High level Dojo 2 progress
The overall Dojo 2 progress is tracked at dojo/meta:
In the past month, the dojo/widgets prototype has been added, and feedback is greatly appreciated. dojo/actions is another recent package addition. Kitson Kelly and Dylan Schiemann gave a brief overview of dojo/widgets and dojo/compose at a recent London Ajax event.
Support for ImmutableJS and RxJS was also added to relevant packages within Dojo 2.
Detailed Dojo 2 updates
Over the past month, we completed the following:
- Add isTask type guard to async/Task
- Normalize request handlers
- Clean-up RequestOptions
- async/Task.resolve() does not return Task
- Shim module for Set
- Symbol Shim
- PR for Object comparison API
- Added nashorn support for the loader
- Fix how global undefine is unset
- Note that significant work was completed on the module loader in March to bring it to a beta state
- Added tests for wrapped tags
- Resolve Android test failures
- Upgrade to TypeScript 1.8.x
- dojo/has should use export * from ‘dojo-core/has’
- Update packaging
- Static Factory methods
- Terse API for mixin
- Types of Composition
- Freezing of the Factory
- Type inference and conflicts
- Actively desupport IE9 (given significantly decreased market share of IE9 and missing Flexbox and pushState)
- Clarify order of module imports
- Dojo 2 and ES6 support
- Drop version from distribution typings
- TypeScript now allows specification of typings in package.json
Dojo 2 in progress
More than 100 issues are currently in progress. Some of the highlights include:
- dojo/actions refactor
- Compile ES6 version of loader
- Adopt ImmuableJS as a core design pattern
- Add foundational mixins for compose
- Adopt RxJS Observables as a core design pattern
- Build proposal/specification
- Application factory proposal/specification
- TypeScript 2.0 support
- Dojo 2 stores (dstore) specification
- routing prototype
Please let us know if you would like to get involved! Either find us on IRC, leave a comment here, or start contributing on GitHub.
I’d like to specifically thank taoqf who has become actively involved through contributions and feedback on dts-generator, dom, meta, dstore, core and loader. We greatly appreciate the help!